Thursday, January 9, 2014

Rees Howells and Intercession


I've been well aware for sometime how the word "intercession" can be thrown around so lightly.

A very long time ago or so it seems I read a book, "The Intercession of Rees Howells. I remember being moved then and so taught of the Spirit of God.

I decided (as I don't often do) to reread the book again.
Why you may ask! I can tell you for certain it's not because I need my senses riled up or for a feel good. This book will do neither for me.

I simply have become convinced all over again there is a large difference between prayer and intercession.

After coming out of ultra orthodox judaism and having my life turned upside down by Y'shua, Christ My Lord, I went through a series of ups and downs and major battles. The greatest probably was being stalked by my ex-husband who had converted to islam and his vicious cohorts. Not too many stood with me in the religious church and doubt many would today. Some of those who came out of judaism and did so lost their lives in the process.
Given a new name/identity and some protection wasn't necessarily even a relief for awhile.

I did learn (and this is an understatement. I don't have words sometimes to convey what it is like) like I might not have otherwise that God is my very present help in time of trouble. (Ps. 46:1)

Most of the story is for another time and I have a life time to talk about it if the Lord Y'shua doesn't return first. I still reel at reliving it all over again but it's time to walk through in more depth.

Something beyond mere prayer carried me through those days as well as those who walked it out with me.

I will be taking my time and going through the book and sharing as I go.
I have a full plate and have been diligently defining my niches in the retail arena as well as just what do I want to do in life and online.
Because I will be carrying retail products here and sharing them as well, I'd hate my posts to get lost in the shuffle but should be a nice mix.
It's a tad easier to have separate pages on my blog at blogspot and your welcome to follow me there as well. http://garden-of-israel.blogspot.com/

The blog here as well as the entire site and my blog on blogger all are undergoing changes so bear with me as things are kind of bare at the moment.
Thanks
Rivqa

If your interested in obtaining the book, Amazon has the book in paper back for $7.20 and on Kindle for $6.84. I've placed a link below for your convenience from my affiliate account that helps support my endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment