Thursday, January 30, 2014

Do You Eat Potato Chip Sandwiches?

This isn't an actual picture of me but
 when I saw it was reminded
 of sitting on steps outside waiting for papa to come home.
 I was daddy's girl!

Growing up my papa worked for a man that traveled and raised money for those who had strayed from their jewish roots and returned. Or maybe just those whose husbands had left or they had other hardships.

 But you had to be ultra orthodox or forget it.

With 12 mouths to feed sometimes we had little to eat because his salary wasn't enough.

I remember coming home from my studies and was so hungry.

So I liked to eat Potato Chip sandwiches.

Now my potato chip sandwiches weren't so ordinary. I think I called them that because a palestinian

boy down the street always had a bag of chips and I wanted to try some. lol

The above picture from http://bakedbree.com/homemade-matzo
who has a fantastic recipe for making your own matzo bread :)

My potato chip sandwiches were matzo bread and cheese or matzo bread and mayonaise. Yes Jews can eat mayonaise if it's kosher parve lol

 Today I don't eat my notorious "potato chip sandwiches"

But I do make my own matzo bread and yes in 18 minutes for passover to keep it kosher. I also create matzo bread for those who are gluten intolerant.

I find it much more tasty than what today comes in a box. :)

If you'd like to purchase yours please follow this link Matzo Bread


If you'd like to make your own you might like to try http://bakedbree.com/homemade-matzo

If you'd like to follow me at the on-site blog here ya go http://www.gardenofisrael.com/Garden-of-Israel-s-Blog.html

No comments:

Post a Comment